Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What Not to Wear


Yesterday, one of my favorite fashion blogs, Go Fug Yourself, made a point that will come in handy for me. They showed the above picture of Kristen Bell being interviewed by Jay Leno, and they accompanied it with this advice: “Somebody needed to tell her to practice sitting and chatting so they could spot-check the problem areas."

Because this is what happened:


So now I know that before I am interviewed by Oprah or Ellen or Jon Stewart(Pleeeaaaase!) I need to test drive my outfits. 

Or … I could just do blog interviews. 

James Garcia Jr. interviewed me on his fabulous blog Dance on Fire, and since he simply sent me interview questions via email, I didn’t have to worry about whether or not I was flashing some underboob.

Will you come check out the interview? It’s my first one since becoming a published author!



9 comments:

Mark said...

Well I don't think that's such a major wardrobe malfunction but it is still one you want to avoid making. Stick to spoken (as in telephone) and written interviews :)

Shelly said...

I just got my book! I'm so excited!

James Garcia Jr said...

*snaps fingers and pens note* Note to self: no more e-mail interviews. From now on only conduct interviews face to face...
You're so bad! I didn't even notice what was wrong until I continued reading. *sigh* Does that make me too old or just oblivious? Lol.
Thanks so much for agreeing to do the interview. I had so much fun doing it. Some of the guest posts you've done have been hilarious, but I thought our format was very cool.
*waves*

-Jimmy

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

If you are flashing some under boob, even via email, they know...

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

I find it amazing how people could be so unaware of how they look in cerrtain clothes, particularly when it's going to be in front of a live TV audience!
Duncan In Kuantan

Jono said...

I wouldn't mind being flashed. Unfortunately, it never happens to me and I can't stay awake long enough to see the shows where it does happen. Damn the luck!

Shelly said...

I had to come back tell you how much I love the book!

anthony stemke said...

Wearing that particular garment would require full time attention. Frankly, it is worn to generate publicity, as you have presented.
More importantly - enjoyed your interview with James. My BW and I both love garage saling and thrift stores, it is our source of income after my SS benefit and commercial writing.
Do you know the proper spelling for habitues of the planet Venus? Is it Venusian or Venutian? I would have thought the latter. Isn't there a rule where you drop the "s" and add "tian"?
Best wishes for your book sales, I'll be checking the N.Y. Times best seller list. cm

the late phoenix said...

i tried to fug myself once...and that is why i can only blog now. i accidentally ventured into a fashion blog once, before i knew what was happening to me, babes and more babes kept offering me shoes...it wasn't such a bad thing looking back on it.